Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving. . . . .the day after!

Yes, I know it has been a while since I have posted anything new but all I can say is that I have been busy.

So, how was your Thanksgiving?  Are you finished yet?  We finished yesterday at the in-laws home where we stuffed ourselves with chicken and dressing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, corn casserole, rolls, green pea salad, gravy, cranberry sauce and green bean casserole.  It was good and for dessert you had your choice of apple butter pumpkin pie and pecan pie.  After stuffing ourselves we watched some Castle reruns and then our standard Thursday night Big Bang Theory.  I took my camera but I never got it out of the camera bag!  We left for home at about 8:15 and I convinced my hubs to just drive past Walmart and Target to see how crazy it was.  Oh My Word!  It was crazy and I am so glad that we had no desire what so ever to go shopping last night!  We may venture out later this afternoon but no sooner than that!!

We had Thanksgiving with my family on Wednesday and it was also a stuff yourself fest!  We had turkey and dressing (my Dad makes the best dressing!), corn, sweet potato casserole, greenbeans, greenbean casserole, rolls, ham, cranberry sauce (homemade), green jello salad, lemon icebox pie, pound cake, peach cobbler, pumpkin and pecan pies (the last two of which we didn’t even touch).  I went to take pictures of the loaded table BUT I had forgotten to put the memory card back in my phone (I was just a little irritated) so I “borrowed” one from my sister!  After eating we just sat around and visited until it was time to head home to get ready for church.  It was a nice day but as always the time spent with my sister and her family was way too short.

And now I will give you a run down on what has been happening around these parts. . . . . .on Wednesday the 13th I got a phone call from a gentleman who said that he was from Life Alert and that he had gotten a call from my grandmother’s home but he was getting no response when we called over their box or on the phone, he let me know that he already had an ambulance in route but needed to know how long it would be before I could be there.  I told him less than 3 minutes because I had to put my shoes on and then head over.  When I got there I found my grandmother sitting on the floor in her garage with blood everywhere.  Long story short, she had fallen face first from the steps when she was going out into her garage.  I convinced her to go to the hospital by ambulance because she had a huge knot on her forehead and I was scared that there may have been something else wrong (she had been very slow to respond when I first got there).  Luckily after CT scans and being checked over by the ER doctor it was determined that she had a broken nose but she would be sore and would be black and blue (and she still is).  I spent the night with her that night and luckily my aunt was coming in for the weekend. 

My Aunt got there on Thursday and loaded up firewood to take home.  My sister had to take her to the doctor on Saturday because she woke up and couldn’t bend her knee and it was very painful and swollen.  The doctor diagnosed gout and they left the office.  Right after they left, the doctor called and ask them to please come back.  They had run blood tests and her white blood count was very high and the doctor then diagnosed her with leukemia.  For those of you who know my family know that this is my Mom’s sister, the one who was a match and donated stemcells for my Mom’s stemcell transplant for her leukemia (my Mom only has one sister).  My cousin and his wife came on Monday to take my aunt home. After a week of doctor’s appointments and a few days spent in the hospital, she has been diagnosed with Chronic myelogenous leukemia which is not the same as what my Mom had.  Her doctor says that she should live a long life with the help of medications.

On the 19th, my little sister had surgery which going in she did not know if she would be having a hysterectomy or if they would just be able to remove some large fibroids (my sister is in her late 30’s but she isn’t married and still hopes to one day get married and have kids so she was hoping that she would have need the hysterectomy).  Well, 8 fibroids and 2 cysts later, the doctor was finished and said that everything now looked great.  Our friend Lou Ellen and her friend Shannon said with Rae in the hospital, Dad stayed close by (she went to Houston for the surgery) while the hubs and I headed back home.  I was in charge of taking care of my grandmother, my Dad’s dog and cat, Rae’s cat and teaching her classes at one of the local high school.  She is recovering nicely and I am hoping that she will be ready to go back to work soon (not too soon, I want her to recover completely) because high school is soooo not my thing!!

And that my friends is what has been going on in these parts!!  I hope that you all had a blessed Thanksgiving with the ones you love.  We had a lot to be thankful for this year and enjoyed spending time with loved ones. 

AND now starts the MAD rush to Christmas!  Ho ho ho y’all!

1 comment:

Kathy C said...

I miss you so much.

Love you dearly.


© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.