Friday, October 25, 2013

Fabulous Friday

This week has flown by at warp speed for me.  I have worked everyday this week but with the exception of Monday, they have all been half days.  I have not taught the same subject twice!  Monday I taught 8th grade math. . .I did not pick this job so I was very apprehensive about it.  If you know me, you know that math is not my thing.  Luckily for me, our junior high teachers record all of their lessons for the subs.  I just had to know how to use the smart board and the computer!  Tuesday I taught Art for a friend of mine which is always fun.  Wednesday was two dyslexia classes where I enjoyed watching two different groups of kids play the game Blurt! which is a fun game.  Thursday I taught 6th grade science and today I am in 5th grade social studies.  I have to say that being a substitute teacher is an interesting job and you have got to be flexible and able to think on your feet.
I can't believe that October is nearly over.  My teaching certificate expires at the end of the month so I have been working on finishing up my hours I have to keep my certificate.  I have to say that I am not as close to being done as I had planned but since I am such a huge procrastinator, I am not surprised that as usual I will be cramming them in at the end.  This afternoon will be spent finishing up the 6 hour course I started on Tuesday.  I have at least two more 6 hour classes so that will help boost the hours.  I have to finish up 150 hours.  Guess you know what I will be doing this weekend!
Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?  I haven't and since I still don't have a full-time job, I am not sure how we are going to swing it this year.  Every year gets harder to figure out what to buy for our family.  Mr. Giggles side seems to be fine with giving and receiving gift cards but I am not a huge fan of gift cards.  I like getting something more personal for my side of the family but it is hard.  If they see something they want, they just go out and buy it themselves or it is way out of my budget!  I really need to start sitting down and thinking about gifts.  I have already made my list of people who we need to purchase gifts for and I plan on getting my Christmas letter and cards done early this year because we basically don't have anything going on to tell people about.  Maybe I will just do Christmas cards this year with no letter.  Maybe we will do picture Christmas cards.  Those are fun and we haven't ever done any before.  I think I like that idea!
Well, I had better go for now.  I hope you are enjoying fall in your part of the world.  I am ready for it to get a little bit cooler around here but it has been nice anyway.

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.