Saturday, November 6, 2010

Why?

Why does it seem like when I am finally getting my footing back, something knocks me flat on my rear?  Not once but twice this week I thought of something that made me immediately think. . . .I need to call Mom and tell her such and such.  It hurts so much.  I miss her.  Today while at Mom and Dad's house, I just stood outside and watered her plants and thought about all the times I had stood out there with her while she watered or worked in the yard.  No matter how hard Dad and I work to keep up the yard, it just doesn't look like it did when she was doing it.  I don't like how nothing will ever be the way it was, especially since we never dreamed that we would lose her so quickly.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Why indeed?? Not once but twice this morning - during the morning service - a moment with Tyler came to my mind so vivid and so real...and at first the memories are so wonderful - I can almost feel him - and then...I remember. And why this morning...and during church even..is my memory so fresh and working overtime! Where do these thoughts come from??

Anyway - I am ramblin' but I understand your questions. Sending you a hug:)

Jill said...

I just found your blog. I lost my mom last October from cancer, too. I understand, all too well, what you've been through. It's so, so hard. In some strange way, it helps me to know that there are others out there that have been through the same thing. The past year has been tough. I still wish I could call my mom. I wish I could hear her voice and hug her. We just have to remember that, one day, we will see them again. That's what keeps me going. Take care! Jill

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.