Tuesday, January 6, 2009

There was sunshine today!

The last couple of days have been really cold, miserable and dark. (My cousin laughed at me recently because I was complaining about the cold, ok, so it wasn't as cold here as in Canada where he lives but it was still cold.) Today the sun finally came out! Don't get me wrong, I love the cold weather but I really like seeing the sunshine occasionally (or more often than that!!).
This morning I was looking at the local paper and when I got to the obituaries I received the shock of my life. There in black and white was my mom's name and obituary. Well, it wasn't really her (thank goodness), it was a lady who had the same name and was born in the same year (but 6 months later). Not the way I wanted to start my day. I have Talked to my mom a couple of times today and all is well with her!
Today I subbed in my dad's class. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the day went. His students were very quiet and did what was ask of them. Oh how I wish that all sub jobs were that easy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took this yummy dip to the Christmas party at Mrs. H's house. It taste just like what you get at the restaurant. So enjoy!! Oh, but if you have a blender with a low wattage, you might burn it out. I had a 350 watt blender and it died. I bought a 650 watt so I should be able to make this dip for many years to come! :)

Casa Ole Green Sauce

4 avocados
1 (16 oz) container sour cream
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 (4 oz) can green chilis (I use jalapenos instead)
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3 oz cream cheese
Mix and blend all ingredients until smooth.


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

So glad your mom is okay (what a shock, right?) and how nice that you are able to talk to her several times a day! What a blessing!

jenny said...

This is exactly the recipe I wanted!! I knew someone else who made some and never got the recipe from her. yea!! and Thanks!! I love that dip.

Hope everything is still going well with you. :-)

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.