Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back to School

Yesterday was the first day of school for all the public school kids and the college kids.  Traffic around town has once again become the stuff of nightmares because there have been probably 50,000+ new people around here trying to learn their way around town and thinking that they are still in Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth or Austin or whatever larger town they come from.  All the store shelves have been picked clean of well. . . .just about everything.  When my parents moved me to college, we bought most of our stuff at home and took it with us so we wouldn't have to fight the crowds but apparently that is not the way it is done anymore.  Anyway, the students are back and all of us hometown people are waiting until the Christmas holidays so we can get back out and enjoy eating at the nice restaurants and shopping oh, and driving without fearing for your life!!

I have spent the entire summer looking for a new teaching job.  It has been a futile attempt.  The school I taught at last year started last Thursday and it was a hard day knowing that my kiddos had moved on to third grade and that I wasn't going to get to see them on their first day of school.   I have to admit that over the summer I have become more angry over the loss of my job.  I am having a hard time remembering that God has the best plan for me.  It is hard to remember that when the bills are coming in hard and fast and we are down to one income that just doesn't seem to be able to stretch far enough.  Five days in the hospital did not help that at all. 

I always thought that by the time I was in my 40's I would be kind of settled. . . in a good job of my choosing, in our own home (not renting a shack), a family of four, with maybe a dog or cat or some other pet.  So far the only thing that has happened on our list of things we wanted to have by this time and that is the fact that I am in my forties.  No job, still in a rental, no kids, no dog or cat.  Sometimes life just isn't fair and sometimes it is hard to be thankful for the things you do have.  Oh and throw in there the fact that my Mom isn't around anymore and somedays I just REALLY need her advice or a hug.

Well, that is not exactly where I thought this post would end up but these things have really been on my mind a lot lately.  And sometimes you just have to get them out to help you look at things in a different way or something like that. 

Anywho. . . .I hope you have a great week.

1 comment:

Kathy C said...

Love you.
The waiting and trusting. That is SO hard. I am struggling with that too. Praying for trust in Him and peace that surpasses understanding. (for both of us)

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.