Sunday, May 19, 2013

2nd Grade Memories


Today as I sit in a classroom with no windows and one student, I think back to the things that I have missed about being a full-time teacher.  I also looked at some pictures of my kiddos from last year.  Not being rehired was very hard.  I had been looking for a job for four years and although I did not plan on working in a private school I ended up enjoying the job, the kids and my co-workers very much.  I miss being in the classroom everyday helping my students discover things about themselves and the world around them.  It is so exciting when they catch on to something or read a book and they really “saw” what was happening in the story and realizing that people are different and they can still work together and be friends.  It is the hardest job I have ever done but it was by far the most rewarding job I have ever done.  I really hope I get the opportunity to do this again because without a doubt in my mind, this is the job that I was meant to do.

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.