Friday, October 16, 2009

Busy Week

It has been very busy around here lately and that along with the fact that I haven't really had a lot to say lately is why I haven't blogged much but I will try to catch you up!

Monday was a holiday for the schools so I didn't have to sub any where. I went to Sam's for lunch and to get a couple of things we needed and when I got back to my car it wouldn't start. I called my sister to see if she would come pick me up and she said that she would after she finished folding the load of laundry she was working on. While I waited I moved the battery cables around and it started. So I caught her before she left the house to tell her never mind. I needed gas but I decided to skip that and go on to Michael's. I really wanted to get there because they had a few things I needed on sale on Monday only. I got to there and did my shopping which included flowers so that my Mom and I could make a fall arrangement for Raymond's grave site. I lucked out and got each stem for $0.99 each. I got some beautiful gerber daisies in fall colors along with some winter oats and berries in the same color family. I will post a picture when we are finished with it (if I remember). When I got outside guess what. . . .my car wouldn't start so I called my Dad and he came over, jumped me off and we took it to the shop. They couldn't really find anything wrong. Lucky me! Finally got home.

Tuesday I met my Grandmother at a local mexican restaurant and had lunch. After lunch we went to the $1.00 store and did a little shopping. Went home and don't remember what else I did.

Wednesday my Dad, my sister and I headed to MDA to spend the day with my Mom and other sister while Mom had her stemcell transplant. It was a long day but it went well.

Thursday I visited with my Uncle D and his friend T, went to the Co-op and bought feed and did a little birthday shopping, went home and unloaded 600 pounds of feed, did a little more visiting and then went home and cleaned house. We met my Dad, Grandmother (not the same one I ate lunch with on Tuesday), sister Rae, adopted sister LEH for dinner to celebrate my Grandmother's 86th birthday. I found her the cutest nightlight and ceramic bird at the co-op.

Today I finally gassed up my car, chased cows back into one of our pastures (stupid cows), cleaned house, went out to dinner with my hubby and went grocery shopping. Now we are home relaxing and watching the tv shows we taped last night.

We hope to have a peaceful weekend together before I have to head to MDA for the week. I will be staying with my Mom. The next two weeks are very critical because anything bad that can happen will during this time so we are not out of the woods yet.

I hope you are all having a great fall.

1 comment:

Mrs. Neville said...

Hey Tammy! Sounds like you are staying busy! Still sending prayers your way...I hope next week goes well for your mom, I'm sure you aren't getting a break from your stress but we are praying that you are having some enjoyable moments with your family, and it sounds like you are! My Uncle just found out that he is not a good candidate for the lung surgery they were wanting to do. They were hoping to be able to remove the lung with cancer but the cancer is bad and so close to his heart they are afraid he may go into cardiac arrest. It's not looking good for him. They are only giving him 5 months and if he chooses to do chemo he may have 10-12 months. So heartbreaking. Please continue praying for him. It's going to be so hard on my aunt, her kids, and their grand kids. I feel so helpless!


© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.