Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
Today is my birthday and it turned out much better than I thought it was going to. I have to be honest, I wasn't looking forward to today because I thought that it may go by and people wouldn't remember because our lives are in such chaos (I know it sounds childish but birthdays and holidays are a big thing to me and unfortunately the last time my Mom had cancer, she was in the hospital on my b-day). Thanks to my little sister and my "adopted" sister, I had a good one. Those two got together and had a surprise party for me at Rae's house last night. LEH made my favorite cake - homemade strawberry icing and strawberry cake. YUMMY! My honey, Dad and Grandmother and one of my oldest friends and her son were there and then a few friends from church. It was different without my Mom and I really missed her. I got to talk to her last night and then she called me this morning and sang Happy Birthday to me. My middle sister and her family weren't able to be here either because they don't live close enough to come.
Today Mr. Giggles left work early and took me to lunch at Outback Steakhouse. It was good and of course we ate too much! Then we went to my sister's volleyball game (thinking we should have stayed away - they lost). Now we are home relaxing and watching shows we taped last night. Tomorrow we are going to the Scarecrow Festival and we will do some birthday shopping while there!
Today we had a cold front come through. We have gotten a lot of rain and some wonderfully cool weather. I had to find a jacket this afternoon before we left! I know it won't last long but it is so awesome while it is here.

1 comment:

Stephen and Larissa said...

Happy late Birthday! My parents always made a big deal about birthdays growing up and it made it so special. I look forward to doing that for my own kids one day!

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.