Monday, December 7, 2009

Ladies Christmas Party

Tonight was our Ladies Christmas party with the lovely ladies from my church. This year I wasn't hosting so I got to sit back and relax. Well, except for the performance I had to do which turned out ok. I sang The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) and then I did Santa Baby with the group. The theme of the party was Little House on the Prairie and the food was to be from that time. We had soups (I had baked potato and broccoli cheese soup. . .yummy), bread (I took sourdough but didn't get to try any myself) and desserts. We were also supposed to make a gift or something inexpensive because money was tight during that era. I made a picture from and wrapped it in green and white gingham. The gift I received was wrapped in an oatmeal tube and the gift was an apron made out of a man's shirt. It is really cute and I will try to get a picture posted soon. Mrs. H from Heritage Schoolhouse got a very cute HOME SWEET HOME sampler. So cute. Well, I had better get off of here so goodnight to you all.

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.