Monday, September 29, 2008

It is almost October!!!


I can not believe that October is right around the corner! My three favorite holidays are coming up. . . .ok my four favorite holidays because I consider my birthday as a holiday and I stretch it out for the whole month! I am ready to decorate for Halloween but I am making myself wait until it is actually October (my neighbors down the road have been decorated since mid Sept). The one thing I am not looking forward to is the fact that during the last three months of the year time seems to speed up until we are running around at warp speed! I do have to say that I am glad that this fall I am not doing what I was having to do last year at this time. A quick overview of last year: student teaching, teacher work sample (three times to get it right), commuting to school for classes between student teaching placements, being terribly ill from being pregnant, terribly sleepy ALL the time, lesson plans, trying to come up with creative lessons and did I mention being terribly ill from being pregnant. I have to say I wouldn't have made it without my honey and my mommy!! I am taking a deep breath, pretending that I am terribly organized and rushing headlong into the end of the year!!!!


This past weekend was spent with my middle sis, her hubby, my tator tot and my madcow (otherwise known as my nephew and niece). We had a very nice visit. We got to watch madcow play softball and yesterday before we left the three of youngsters (ok I am not a youngster) played Monopoly on the computer. I thought it could be confusing on the game board, the computer had rules I have never heard of! Anyway, like I said, we had a good time but I wished they lived closer so we could get together more often.


Well, I have rambled enough for now. I may or may not come back and add more enlightening thoughts later.


I hope you have a great week!


4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a fun weekend....I love that you consider your birthday a holiday!! What fun..

I, too, just love fall!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your nice comments.
Your blog is great and looks so autumnal to me. I haven't come across yours before but am glad I did- this is one reason I enjoy blogging- meeting new 'friends'.
blessings!
gail

Renee said...

Isn't this just the best time of year??

Love how your blog is decked out for fall as well!

jenny said...

I also claim a whole month as my own---good thing we were born in different months!

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.