Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

Today we spent the day with my sisters, brother-in-law, nephew and niece at my middle sister's home. It was nice to be together but we sure were missing my Mom and Dad. The holidays this year are lacking because we can't be together. My family loves doing things together especially the holidays. My mom always makes things so special for us and because of her still being in the hospital we can't do that for her in return. It is very frustrating. Tonight on the way home (we never travel on Christmas Eve) we stopped at McDonalds to grab a bite to eat and my husband said that we should make it a new tradition. I told him no way. McDonalds is not where I want to spend Christmas Eve!

On the bright side, it snowed 4 inches at my sister's house and although it made for a LONG trip home, it was beautiful (even if we had to cut our visit short). Sure do wish Mom and Dad could have seen it too. Well, that is all for now. Gotta hit the hay so Santa can come visit.

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.