Friday, June 11, 2010

China Patterns


Today over at Kellyskorner: Show Us Your Life is on china patterns. When we got married I wanted something that was simple and would go with everything. We chose Mikasa Italian Countryside. It is white, nothing fancy but goes with everything. Our everyday dishes are black and are octagonal (I think). We chose them because our kitchen is white with black and white countertops and floor. They are cute but you can't let them air dry because they streak really bad. What we actually eat off of are some plates that my husband had when we got married (multicolored melamine) but they are starting to look well used. BUT what we really usually eat off of is paperplates because #1 there are only the two of us and #2 we don't have a dishwasher and I loathe washing dishes. My plan is to use all of our dishes more often once we move into a new (different) house.


1 comment:

Donna said...

I love the Italian Countryside dishes by Mikasa! My mother-in-law and her husband picked that out for their dishes when they got married 13 years ago. It really is a beautiful pattern. Hope you get to enjoy it more often~once you move. :)

Praying that you have a great week. I have been a bit absent over the last two or three weeks...but hopefully back into the blogland for a while. :)

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.