Monday, September 17, 2012

Can You Believe It???

This morning I discovered that there are only 44 days until Halloween, 66 days until Thanksgiving AND only 98 days until Christmas!!!  This year is flying by so quickly.  I have really got to start planning for the holidays!

The weather has been so nice and cool this weekend.  We even got a little rain (not enough but some is better than none).  Right now the temperature is still 73 degrees which is lovely.  Everyday this week is supposed to be in the upper 80's or lower 90's.  Yippee!!!  Bring on FALL!!!

A couple of weeks ago I had a first and second interview for a teaching position at a local middle school.  I waited to hear something and got nothing.  After three phone calls and an email to the principal I was finally told that they were interviewing more candidates.  Last week I got the letter saying thanks but we picked someone else.  Job hunting really sucks.  I mean. . . .it really does.  This week I will be applying for something non teaching related.  Wish me luck.

Are you ready for fall??  I am.  I am thinking that I might even get into the spirit of things a little more this year.  You see, since my Mom died I haven't done much decorating for any of the holidays.  I miss it so I am thinking that maybe the desire is coming back.  I do hate having to pull everything out of my storage building though.  So I really, really, really need to get cracking on the house cleaning.  Oh how I hate cleaning the house.  My hubs cleaned out our refrigerator this weekend.  It was way overdue and I am very thankful for him having done it.

Well, that is all for now.  I have housework, job applications and grocery shopping to get done today.  So, I will leave you with a pretty picture to enjoy!





No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.