Friday, September 19, 2008

Fall is coming!


The cooler weather this week has been wonderful and now I can hardly wait for fall to get here.

"Then summer fades and passes and October comes. We'll smell smoke then, and feel an unexpected sharpness, a thrill of nervousness, swift elation, a sense of sadness and departure."- Thomas Wolfe
I can't wait for October because that means that Halloween is coming, I can start drinking hot apple cider, begin wearing sweaters, smell burning leaves and of course celebrate my birthday! I love fall colors, pumpkins, scarecrows and falling leaves (until they have to be raked). Then comes Thanksgiving and all things associated with that! My mom made her first "fall" dinner the other night and it got me thinking about what I might want to start cooking more. She made goulash and that sounded good. Add in some jalapeno cornbread (one of my favorite foods) and a microwaved baked apple. Pure yumminess!! I hope to share some really good recipes in the next couple of months!

1 comment:

jenny said...

Yea for fall. ;-) I am going to start making soups and things in the crockpot. Potato soup for dinner, maybe.

Subbing has to be the hardest job in the world. Much harder than being the regular teacher!

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.