Sunday, September 28, 2008

Thoughts

I am not really sure how to start this blog so I guess I will just start like this. . . . . this week in our local paper I saw obituaries for two infants and it broke my heart. Today I stumbled across an article about a memorial that was held today to commemorate babies lost through miscarriage, stillborn or newborn death. All of the pain of losing our precious baby came rushing back to me as if it had just happened. The last nine months have been very difficult. Just when you think you are ok, you see something that reminds you of your loss or a friend tells you they are pregnant and you think of the things that you have missed and the list goes on. One positive thing that has come from our loss if the "e-mail" friendship I now have with someone who lost her baby several months after we did. We have helped each other through the tough milestones, disappointment of not having an easy time getting pregnant, of just the sense of loss and the questions you constently ask yourself such as why, was it something I did and the lists go on and on. If you know someone who has lost a baby, give them a hug because I am sure they can use it. I also found a website that may help someone who is struggling with a loss. It is called MEND: Mommies Enduring Neonatal Death and their website is http://home.mend.org/. I don't know much about it because I haven't had time to explore the entire website.

I thought about apologizing for this post being such a downer but I am not going to. Hopefully it will help someone find the comfort they need knowing that others are going through the same things they are. Maybe it will help me also.

1 comment:

Mrs. H. said...

I wish I had the right words to say, but anything I type won't be enough. I love you and and your family and all I can do is pray, which is what I will do.

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.