Monday, September 22, 2008

TGIF : Thank Goodness It's Fall!!





It is officially one of my favorite times of year (ok, so I like something about all of the seasons!). I do wish that we had a little bit more "color" during the fall but such is life in our wonderful state! Where has the cool gone? Our high tomorrow is 90!


Mrs. H had her list of Autumn things so I thought that I would make my own (no, I don't have any original ideas today!) so here goes.



When I think of Autumn, I think of. . . . . camping, plaid blankets, sweaters and sweatshirts, comfy afghans, thick socks, homemade chili, stew, and sloppy joes, flannel, pumpkins, scarecrows, gourds, football (and tons of extra traffic), new season of tv shows, fuzzy slippers, sneezy noses. . . . . .I can't think of anymore!

In honor of Mrs. H. and her wonderful organization, I thought I would let you get a peek at my weekly menu.

Supper Menus - September 22nd - 27th:

Monday: roast, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, green beans, rolls & rocky road ice cream (cooked by and eaten at Mom's house!)

Tuesday: sloppy joes (not the homemade sauce kind but the out of the can sauce kind), potatoe salad (homemade)

Wednesday: probaby leftovers or something out after church

Thursday: nothing because we will be eating lunch at La Riviera (yummy, yummy in my tummy) and won't have to eat dinner!!

Friday: don't know, we will be at my sister's house

Saturday: ditto

That is it for today. More enlightening nonsense and yummy recipes later!!!



3 comments:

Mrs. H. said...

Loved your list and love your writing style! :-) You'll have to tell me what you have at La Riviera! Your supper tonight sounded wonderful. Come on over to Heritage Schoolhouse - I just posted a first day of fall giveaway! ;-) TGIF! :-)

Jennifer said...

What a great post....and such a nice blog. I found you from your friend, Mrs. H (what a great friendship you two must have). I loved the recipes and will be trying the Jessica's chicken (???) soon. I, too, have been debating and debating the whole blog notion and really had no idea where to start...I loved how you just jumped in with both feet!! I will be back often..

Have a blessed week!!

Jennifer

Giggles said...

Jennifer,

I am glad you enjoyed your visit. You will have to let me know how the chicken turns out. I haven't ever made it, just saw it on tv and thought it looked and sounded good. I look forward to visiting with you more.

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.