Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

Today I subbed in a first grade Bi-lingual class. You may be saying to yourself, I didn't know that she speaks spanish. Well, guess what. . . .I don't! I decided that since it was only a half day sub job, I would try it out. First thing off the bat was their journal assignment. . . . . .it was written in spanish. I had to have the students tell me what it was. Anyway, long story short - the kids were great, we made it through the morning and I won't do it again!!!

I am always looking for ideas for my bible classes to make them interesting and memorable for the kids. As you know, I am working on the 10 Plagues right now. So far we are through #4. While working on the diaromas Saturday night, I thought the smell from the cigar boxes was going to make me sick, with that said, they look AWESOME if I should say so myself! Anyway, I love Mrs. H and Kelli's ideas about what we are thankful for so, I am going to do something similiar in my 3 year old class from now until Thanksgiving. Not sure what it will be yet but I will let you know!


"So dull and dark are the November days.The lazy mist high up the evening curled,And now the morn quite hides in smoke and haze;The place we occupy seems all the world."- John Clare, November


No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.