Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesday Tidbits

ONE MONTH TIL CHRISTMAS!!!

Oh, where to start. . . .I guess I will go back to last Friday. Friday I subbed for a 3rd grade teacher that I met while subbing across the hall from her. This was a difficult class; by the time 12:30 rolled around there had been 2, count them 2 confrontations between students and 1 fight. Needless to say, I was glad for the day to be over. To add to that, I was starting to feel crummy. That evening was fun because my parental unit, sister and I were invited by a family from church to dinner and games at their home. My honey was invited too but he was at the doctors office until 9:45 that evening. No, he wasn't sick. Our doctor has a practice that doesn't take appointments so you are going to have a wait anyway but this particular night our doctor was the only doctor on-call in the emergency room at the hospital where his office is. Needless to say it was a busy night for the doc. Anyway, we had a really good time learning a new game and eating yummy chili (made by the hostess) and homemade peach cobbler made by my mommy. It was yummy also.

Saturday, my honey had to go to work (who says that people in education don't work on weekends). I went to breakfast with the parental unit and my sister. We then decided to pop over to see our friends who are opening an Ace Hardware and see if there was anything we could do to help them (they are opening next Tuesday). We stayed and helped stock the home decor section. It was a lot of fun and they are going to have some really neat things. Then I came home and took a nap because I was still feeling crummy. But I did finish the 10 plagues!! Yippee.

Sunday was church and the last of the plagues. AND another nap because I was still feeling bad.
I hope I am not boring you yet!!

Monday I did a little Christmas shopping (I am ready to be done) and came home took a nap (are you seeing a pattern?). Then my sisterfriend L came over and we got some house work done for the Christmas party I am having next week.

Today, I got up and headed straight to the doctor's office. Ok, this is the 2nd time I have been in two weeks. The first time was to get my meds redone. Today was to find out what creepy crud I had picked up. Well, no surprise, I have bronchitis. I hope to get some sleep tonight with out the stuffy head, coughing, wheezing, etc that I have had the last few nights. I even got some more housework done but the best part of the day was when my husband baked the pies we are taking to his parents house for Thanksgiving. He made pumpkin and we decided to put my sweet potato casserole in a pie crust because it already tastes like dessert.

Now onto my new profile picture. Last week we were moving the cows and all of the babies were standing in a huddle. Well, that was until I started trying to get pictures of them. This is one of the cuties. I love having them around the house because I talk to them everytime I go outside (my neighbors probably think that I am a little crazy!). I will post a couple of the other pictures soon.


I hope you are all ready for Thanksgiving! It is almost here!!!

3 comments:

Mrs. H. said...

Happy Thanksgiving Giggles! I hope you are feeling better after seeing the doctor yesterday! :-)

Jennifer said...

Hope you are feeling 100% for Thanksgiving! Have a great day..and your little cow fella is a cutie!

Giggles said...

Thank you both for the well wishes. I am feeling much better even though I still don't sound very good!

I love baby animals, especially the calves that live around our house!

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.