Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thanksgiving Recipe


Today I decided to share my favorite Thanksgiving recipe. If you try this recipe, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!


Sweet Potato Casserole
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes - drained
3/4 stick of oleo
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. cinnamon & nutmeg (I think I use pumpkin pie spice)
1 Tbsp. vanilla

Mix and bake at 450 degrees for 45 minutes.

Spread with a topping of:
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 stick oleo
1/2 cup pecans (I always add extra)
1 cup crushed post toasties (I have also used bran flakes)
Return to oven for a few minutes.

2 comments:

Mrs. H. said...

Hi Giggles,
Your sweet potato recipes looks yummy! I like the idea of pecan topping instead of marshmallows. Maybe...Mr. H. might try it. He has this strange notion that vegetables CAN NOT be sweet! ha

joyce said...

Yum! I'm so excited for Thanksgiving, and this Sweet Potato Casserole is another thing to look forward to! :) I volunteer for the Eat Well Guide and we have teamed up with the Consumers Union, nonprofit publisher of Consumer Reports, to issue a
Local, Organic Thanksgiving Challenge.We're inviting people to take a spin on the Eat Well Guide to find local food and cook at least one local (preferably organic) dish for Thanksgiving, and share recipes at the CU site. You can read more about it at the Green For:
[http://blog.eatwellguide.org/2008/11/take-the-local-organic-thanksgivin
g-challenge/]


God Bless! Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving! :)

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.