Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What school did you say?


Another day, another school, another classroom, another bunch of kids. . . . .


This morning the phone rang and woke me from a very deep sleep. Half way into the conversation this voice asks me if I can sub today for 5th grade. I am silent for what seems a very long time and then say yes. My next question is what school will I be at? What grade? Sure, I say and jump out of bed. Now, you may wonder why I was asking what school, well, I am signed up to teach at three different districts. That is why I was confused, well that and the fact that I was dead asleep when the phone rang. I am supposed to be at the school at 7:30 am, the current time is 6:45, I live 20 minutes from the school (when there isn't any traffic) and I have to take a shower before I can even think about leaving the house. Well, I got there a little before 8:00 and made it through the day. I had subbed this particular group of kids before so they wanted to know what I had been doing and why I hadn't ever subbed for them again. It was fun to see them again but I was really tired when I got home from the rush of the morning and the long day of video watching! And so goes the adventures of the substitute teacher. . . . . . . .and tomorrow begins another day, in another school and so on and so forth!!

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.