Sunday, June 10, 2012

Our Weekend and Other Random Thoughts

This weekend the Mr. and I went camping at a state park we hadn't even been to before.  It is hard to believe that the tranquil park we were staying at was less than 20 miles outside of Katy.  It was beautiful and we had a really nice time.  We didn't have phone service at the park so we had no internet which to be honest was kind of nice!!  We did have tv but didn't watch it much.  We did watch two movies which is something that we rarely ever do.  I didn't take many pictures because I just enjoyed sitting in the truck and watching the scenery go by or sitting in the trailer just spending time with the Mr.  It was a very relaxing weekend and now I guess I am ready for week 2 of 6th grade Language Arts summer school.  It has been interesting so far and I have decided that there really isn't much difference between 2nd graders and 6th graders!!

Isn't it interesting how when you think that you are finally dealing with something then it just smacks you square in the face?  Several times this weekend thinking of my Mom immediately brought such pain and tears.  It has been 2 years, 3 months, 1 week and 2 days since we had to let her go.  This weekend it felt like yesterday.  It might be because a friend of mine lost her Mom on Thursday due to cancer and another friend's Dad is under hospice care because of cancer.  It sure does hurt. 

A couple of weeks ago my Dad, RAW and I went to the big city to attend my niece's clap out. It is something cool that the elementary school she attends does for the 5th graders who are leaving to head to middle school.  All of the fifth graders walk through the school and the hallways are lined with all of the other kids and they clap as the fifth graders go by.  We went when my nephew was getting ready for middle school.  We picked up Mad Cow and then headed over to the middle school to pick up the soon to be freshman in high school.  While sitting in the truck waiting for the Tatortot, the other short person got a hold of my camera and this is what happened!


On our way home that same day we passed this gem of a barn.  It has looked like this but with different years for as long as I can remember!



And because we were pulled over on the side of the road so I decided to take a picture of the animal I love.  I miss my horses so much.  I hope to one day have a house with some land so I can have horses (at least one) again.  BUT first I have to find a job (again!).



Well, I need to get some things done before I head to bed.  I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.