Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Oh Tuesday


This morning started out like usual (for days when I have a sub job). Get ready and out the door early enough to stop at McDonald's (if the school I am working at is close by) to see my Dad and to get a drink to sip on during the day. This morning was one of those days that I was out of the house early enough and the school was right down the road so at McDonald is where I was. Got my drink, visited with Dad and his morning breakfast buddies, saw his hand and made him promise to go to the doctor to see if it was broken and then left. Jumped in my truck (not really jumped) and headed out of the parking lot and down the road to school. As I was coming up to the light to turn left to go to school, my truck died. It just DIED. . . . at the light (at least it wasn't in the middle of the intersection which has happened once before with this truck). IT WON'T START!!! Please note that this is about 6 minutes before 8:00 am. Call Dad and tell him and he says he will be there in a minute. Call hubs to let him know and to get the phone number for the tow truck. Call the school to let them know that I will be late and why (thankfully I know the ladies in the office really well). Sit through two light cycles (because I can't go anywhere) with about 20 cars lined up behind me. Someone actually honks. Hey buddy. . . . .my flashers are on, think that might mean something???? Dad and his friend get there and of course I am in the left turn lane and there is nowhere to go except onto a busy road from there so they tell me to turn it to the right as soon as there is a break in traffic and head to the CVS parking lot. Light changes and there is actually no straight or right turn traffic (that is because everyone on the road is now behind me trying to go left!). Get to the parking lot, Dad determines it is the fuel pump (again), get it parked, call the wrecker, wait for the wrecker, wrecker arrives and picks up the traitorous truck, wrecker leaves, wait for Dad to come back to pick me up (good thing I don't drink since I was waiting in front of a liquor store!), Dad gets back and I make it to work a little before 9:00!! Thankfully my sub job today is super easy!!!  And thankfully my Dad has an extra vehicle that I can drive until mine gets fixed!!!

 

Hope you are having a great week!!

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.