Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Break

Well, this last few days have been very busy. Over the weekend we were at a family reunion in the Hill Country. It was really nice getting to see everyone and to finally get to see "the ranch" that we have heard so much about. While touring the ranch we saw a grey fox, deer and wild turkeys. On Sunday morning my Uncle T gave the most wonderful, moving sermon that I have heard in a long time. I wish more people could have been there and heard it. He did a great job. We did a lot of singing (if you know me, you know how much we enjoy singing) and it was just like old times. I sure do wish that my grandad would have been there. He would have loved it.

Sunday we left the ranch and headed to Lake Buchanan for some camping. the park we stayed in was nice (we really wanted to stay at the state park but it was booked up) and we were surprised by how low the lake was. You don't realize how bad the drought is around us until you are at a huge lake and you can walk a long ways on what was under water before you actually reach the water.

We got home last night and the rest of the week will be spent getting caught up from being gone. My honey's dad is having surgery on his thumb so we will also be spending time with them.

Hope you are all having a good week.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Glad you're home - and good to hear from you again. Hope your FIL will heal quickly. Have a great weekend -

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.