Monday, May 11, 2009

Back in the good ol' days


This is what I see when I look out my back door. The building on the left is the old milking barn and the buildings on the right are the old feed barn and the hay barn. The home we live in is my great grandmother's. She and my great grandfather who died young had a dairy and after he died she continued running the dairy along with their four children and a gentleman named Eddie. This is all that is left of the dairy. Three years ago a tornado came through and partially knocked the milking barn off of its foundation (left) and to the wall off of the log feed barn. Although everything is still standing right now, eventually all of it except the hay barn will be torn down and a piece of history will be lost. This is why I love living on the old home place and do not look forward to having to leave when we buy ourselves a home. Just wanted to share a little about where I live.
Hope you are having a great week.




1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Such an awesome picture...I love it! How sweet to have the chance to live in a home with such special memories!

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.