Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tuesday Thoughts

Prayer Requests:
My Aunt K is still hanging in there. Her son, his wife and daughter had to leave to go back home on Sunday and my Uncle D said that is was a very difficult goodbye. I can not imagine what it must be like to leave your mom knowing that more than likely it is the last time you will ever see her. I know it breaks my heart that the last time I saw her was in March and more than likely I won't see her again. Her daughter and grandson have been able to extend their stay so she can help her mom. This week Aunt K's sister and brother are there spending time with her. Please continue to pray for this family.
My second cousin Steph is having a double mastectomy tomorrow. Please pray that the surgery goes smoothly. Steph is my age so this really hits close to home.
Also, my friend Holly is having surgery on her neck tomorrow. This is hopefully the last one she will need to have to be pain free. Another request is for RM who after finally getting pregnant, lost her baby last week. I understand what a difficult time she and her husband are going through. And continue to pray for Mel and her husband at the loss of their baby. She was in my request last week. One more is the Daniel family and their new baby, to find out about this family go to their blog at http://beauandbrittanydaniel.blogspot.com/.
Lastly, I am dreading Mother's Day. Most would expect that after three pregnancies, I would be celebrating this day but I have come to dread it. I wish I could go to sleep on Saturday and wake up on Monday.

Thank you for taking the time to read through the many prayer requests.

Now on to something a little less serious. About a month ago I told you that I would be posting a recipe for Swiss 'n Chicken and I totally forgot about it. Here is the original recipe with my modifications. Enjoy!

Swiss 'n Chicken
4 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey ( I use canned and saute it with the onion and mushrooms, seasoning salt, pepper, chili powder and garlic)
2 cups croutons
1-1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Swiss Cheese
1 cup sliced celery (gross - not used in my cooking)
2/3 cup MIRACLE WHIP or MIRACLE WHIP Light Dressing
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup chopped onion



PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Mix all ingredients.
SPOON into 2-qt. casserole dish.
BAKE 40 min. or until heated through.


Well, that is all for tonight. I am pooped from teaching, tutoring and mowing. It was a looong day! Hope everyone is having a good week!

Hi Mrs. H's mom!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love new chicken recipes...thanks! I'll have two new ones posted on Friday. Sorry to hear about your heavy prayer requests - I will remember over this weekend....especially you on Sunday. Praying God will give you comfort!

Jennifer said...

Praying for you tomorrow!

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.