Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Has it really been 12 days?

I can't believe that it has been so long since my last post. It has been a very busy time since the last one.

On Saturday, May 17th we left with my grandmother and headed to my Uncle D's home in Lubbock for my Aunt's funeral. Sunday was the viewing and there were so many people that came to see the family. Monday was the funeral at their church. Aunt K wanted congregational singing and it was so beautiful. If you have never heard 200+ people singing beautiful hymns accapella, you don't know what you are missing. She had chosen some beautiful songs. The service was very nice and I learned things about my Aunt that I never knew. Monday we made the 8.5 hour trip home where she was to be buried. Tuesday morning we made our way to the cemetery (this is the same cemetery where our baby boy is buried and she is buried very close to him). It was one of the most beautiful days; sunshine but not hot because there was a slight breeze. There were quite a few people there. Even though it was a sad occasion, it was wonderful to see our family and dear friends. The service was great. My dad lead some songs, again it was accapella and was awesome, my Uncle T read some verses from the Bible, Aunt K's son-in-law had some nice words to say about her and then we closed with a prayer. We then all went to my grandmother's house for lunch and a "family" reunion. Even though we now have an empty place in our hearts, we know that Aunt K is no longer in pain and is with the God she loved so strongly. Everyone except for Uncle D headed back home. He went home on Saturday.
Wednesday I started tutoring 5th graders again but this time on a one -on-one basis. This lasted until yesterday. I worked with 7 kids who were not at all interested in working. It was a struggle but I am now done. It is up to them to pass the test in July.
Saturday I went with my honey to the school to pack his office. They are building a new elementary school and new admin offices. Well, after 5 hours, we only got one bookshelf packed up and a bunch of junk thrown away. This Saturday will be a repeat of last. I am not looking forward to it.
Friday we have to go to another funeral. A lady that I have known all my life passed away yesterday after a 3 year battle with cancer. She died a little over a week after her youngest son got married. Just like my Aunt, she was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer (a different type) and lasted much longer than originally predicted by the doctors. She also had a strong faith in God and is now with him.
Here is the latest update on Miss Kitty: she had a doctor's appointment last week and it was a good one. She has three troublesome spots that aren't doing what the doctor wants. One is from a spot where donor skin was taken and the other two are burns. She will go back in 2 months to see when more surgery will be scheduled. She is usually at church on Sunday mornings and is really looking good. A couple of weeks ago my mom and I went and visited with her while her parents went to a doctor's appointment. It was nice to just sit and visit with her.
Mrs. H's sister in law was in a car accident tonight and though she, her toddler, and her unborn twins are ok, the person who caused the accident died. Please keep Mrs. H's family and the other family in your prayers during this difficult time and pray that the babies continue to be ok.
Well, I guess that is all that has been happening around here. Now I have to get back to my chores at home (I haven't got much done the last 2 weeks and it shows) such as mowing, cleaning the house, folding towels, etc. So, I guess I had better get to bed so I can be fresh in the morning when I get started on the house work!
Hope you are having a good week.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So good to hear from you this morning - glad you stopped by my blog! You certainly have had a plate full lately...so glad the services were special for all the family for your aunt. And great to hear a good report from Miss Kitty!!

Hope you and your hubbie will enjoy the summer months (beautiful words to any teacher :) ) Always enjoy your updates

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.