I have learned a lot in the last several months and I thought I would share some with you. So here goes:
*I have learned what a truly loving marriage is from watching my parents and seeing the love in their eyes when they see each other. I have always known that my parents had a very special relationship but what I have seen over the last seven months but especially over the last four months. They truly complete each other. I pray that my marriage is as strong as theirs is after 40 years.
* I have grown to love my Dad even more because we have been able to spend more time together and grow closer. Since there were three girls, my Dad was always kind of in the background. Don't get me wrong, he was always there for us no matter what but I always wanted to be closer to him than I was and now I think I am. My Dad is awesome.
* I always thought that I would be able to move away from my hometown and my family. I am a big girl. . . .right? Well, over the last four months, I have realized that I would have a very hard time leaving. I love the time I spend with my Mom. When we lost our baby, my Mom was always there to help me through it.
* My Mom is the rock in our family. She takes care of all of us so with her being gone, we have all had to learn to take care of ourselves. My Mom is awesome.
* I already knew this but my husband is such a loving, caring person. He has been very supportive with me helping my parents. I have been traveling to MDA with my parents since this summer and then of course have spent every other week there since October. He has not ever complained about me being gone. He rides with my Dad every other Friday to ride home me. He is my rock and he ROCKS!
* My extended family has been awesome. Each and every aunt/uncle has done whatever they can to help. We love them all and can't wait for all of us to get together and celebrate Mom.
* Our church family, well, I always knew they were caring but they are always there for us, to pray for us, to encourage and to lift us up.
* Our friends are great because they have been behind us 100 %.
* That I could not be a nurse. But I have learned a lot and can help the nurses out a lot.
That is some of what I have learned.