Thursday, March 11, 2010

Frustrating

Ok, I graduated from college with a degree in education in 2007. I had to take three certification tests to be able to teach. One was the professional test which everyone has to take, the second was a prek - 4th generalist test which allows me to teach those grades, and the third was 4-8 English, Language Arts, Reading in those grades. Well, last summer when I interviewed for a pre-K job I was told that I really needed to become ESL certified to become hirable at the districts near us. No, I will not be teaching ESL but I still "need" to become certified (just so you know, these tests are not cheap and they stress me out) so now I am trying to find study guides so that I can take the test. We also found out the other day that if I want to teach 5 - 6 grade, I will need to take yet another test that will give me a generalist certification to be highly qualified to teach those grades. Now, in our state by the time you get to 5th grade, you are not with the same teacher all day long, you have different teachers for different subject yet, I have to take another test. Not looking forward to the testing, like I said, taking tests like this really stress me out and I don't think that I really need a lot of added stress right now. Oh well, I have to get a job because I am already going to have a hard time getting all the continuing education hours I need so that at the end of 5 years I don't have to retake ALL of the certification tests. Well, that is all for today. Becoming an educator can be a real pain in the butt.


1 comment:

Donna said...

I'm so sorry it's been so frustrating for you. All those tests would stress me out, too! I'll be praying for you.

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.