Saturday, November 20, 2010

Catching Up

Wow, I can't believe that it has been over a week since I have really posted on here.  I have been busy but not that busy.  I did some subbing, lots of cleaning, making reservations, planning my part of our Thanksgiving meal, grocery shopping and well, I can't remember what else!  Oh and I read four really good books.  I have also spent some time trying to think of something cute to make for the ladies in my hubbies office (if you have any suggestions, please pass them on!) and what to get the rest of the people on my Christmas list.  Speaking of Christmas, I can not believe how many people in blogland have already begun or are finished with their Christmas decorating.  My goodness, I still have my lighted pumpkins on my front porch from Halloween!  Why can't we just get through one holiday at a time.  It is bad enough that the stores are already decorated but people's homes?  Anyway, Christmas will not be arriving at the Giggles home until after Thanksgiving.  Even the new Christmas sock monkey I bought last weekend is just having to hang out until after Thanksgiving.

I am excited about our Thanksgiving meal this year.  It will just be our immediate family which includes me, Mr. Giggles, Daddy, RAW, Bec, SRJ, Tatortot and Madcow.  Here is what I can remember of our menu:  turkey, ham, sweet potato casserole (made by me), broccoli rice casserole (also by me), corn casserole, green salad, cranberry mold, rolls, butter pecan bars (by me), chocolate pie.  We will also have taco soup but not on turkey day.

Because I am nosey (or so my hubby says, I think I am just curious about others) I would love to know what your plans are, what you are cooking and what is your favorite Thanksgiving food.  Just leave me a comment and let me know.

This year I didn't do my what I am thankful list but I am pretty much thankful for the same things.  One think that has changed is how thankful I am for my Dad.  I don't know what I would do without him.  I miss my Mom so very much and I know my Dad does too and we just have to lean on each other now.  We are closer than we ever have been.

Well, this post jumps all around but that is all I can come up with tonight.  Oh and Texas A&M beat Nebraska tonight WHOOP and my alma mater won too!!

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.