Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving from our house to yours.
I went back and read about our Thanksgiving from last year and we had been so hopeful that this year Mom would be with us.  Well, she wasn't with us this year but we could feel her with us.  My brother-in-law said a beautiful prayer that included being thankful for our meal and about how much Memom was missed this year.  By the end of the prayer, we were all in tears.  Our menu today included several of her recipes.

Thanksgiving Menu:
turkey and dressing (dressing made by Dad)
spiral ham (BJ)
corn casserole (RAW)
greenbean casserole (raw)
sweet potato casserole (me)
*brocolli rice casserole (me)
greenbeans
rolls (BJ)
bread (me)
*jello mold salad (BJ)
cranberry relish (BJ)

lemon icebox pie with cherries (BJ)
pumpkin pie (BJ)
*buttermilk pie (RAW)
butter pecan bars (me)
spritzer cookies (me)
**Mom's recipes

After eating ourselves to full, we watched Bedtime Stories and we are now watching the A&M vs Texas game.  I hope that your day was filled with family and thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving to our beautiful Mom.  We missed you so much today.  Today just hasn't been the same without you.

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.