Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Country Living

If you have followed my blog for long, you know that I love living in the country.  I love looking out my window and seeing three of these ladies babes everyday.
I love the room we have, not having close neighbors on our side of the road, the quiet, the moon and stars at night but there is one thing about country living that I DO NOT enjoy at all.  Finding these creatures outside is one thing but having one in my house is another.  Last night I was walking towards our bathroom and looked down and saw a snake coming towards me.  I screamed and the snake headed back into the bathroom and I headed back to the living room.  Thank heavens for Mr. Giggles who removed the snake.  But let me tell you, I did not sleep well last night.  This is not the first but the second snake we have had in our house.  I am very, very, very scared of snakes so I am not comfortable being in my house at all.  I told Mr. G last night that I wanted to move right then.  Needless to say, we didn't and won't be moving anytime soon (thank you economy. . .being unemployed stinks).  Anyway.
As I write this post, the outside temp is 103 degrees.  It is so dry and so hot around here.  We need rain so badly.  One of our ponds is nearly dried up (I will try to remember to take a picture soon) and we will not be cutting any hay this year.  The three young calves that live around my house are drinking the water trough down everyday so I am having to remember to fill it up everyday!  So I tell you this to ask that when you say your prayers, please pray for some rain for us.  We really need it.
Well, I need to go and do some cleaning (yuck).  I decided that I would be better off if I have a little OCD when it comes to cleaning!!
Have a good day and stay cool.

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.