Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School

Oh my goodness. . . .the first day has finally gotten here and thank goodness it is OVER!  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but well, let's just say it wasn't as bad as I had feared.  I did forget to take a picture of myself on the first day.  Gggrrrrr.  I am irritated about that but life goes on!  Oh, and I still haven't taken any pictures of my classroom.  I guess I need to try to do that tomorrow.  Anyway, I have a class of 13 and the breakdown is 5 girls and 8 boys.  We had one playground melt down, we have to practice walking in line in the hall and learn not to complain about everything and I do mean everything!
I don't have any back to school traditions but when I was a kid we always went to the big town about 90 miles away to go back to school clothes shopping and we always got a pair of suede shoes to keep our feet warm in the winter!  We would go school supply shopping and I loved getting to pick out my school box (and school boxes back then were like cigar boxes) because they always had some really neat ones.  I love school supplies even today!  On the first day of school Mom would have us dress nice, take our picutre and then she would take us school.  Then she would wait for us to come home so she could hear about our day.  My Mom always made the first day of school special.  I miss my Mom so much.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What wonderful traditions you had growing up! I hope your students are less fussy today.

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.