Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Relaxing Monday

My middle sister and her family were at her in laws house this weekend for their Thanksgiving celebration.  Yesterday they went to the farm to do some fishing and invited us to go.  Well the only "us" that got to go was my Dad and myself because my hubs and my little sis had to work.  We fished and each one of us caught at least one fish.  It was very relaxing as I fished (which I don't usually like to do) and then took a few pictures.







Before we headed out to the farm, Dad had to take his trumpet in for a small repair.  My Dad played trumpet in the Fighting Texas Aggie band in the 60's.  Recently he got a new trumpet and has begun playing again.  My niece Mad Cow has started playing the coronet in her first year of band (this is also the instrument that my Mom played when she was in band) so they play on playing together some!  Anyway, we spotted the MetLife blimp cruising around over town so I got a few pictures of it.  It was pretty cool to see.  The Goodyear blimp used to live about an hour away from us but I don't remember ever seeing it fly but we did see it a lot in it's hanger.




No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.