Saturday, February 23, 2013

San Antonio Rose



Deep within my heart
Lies a melody,
A song of old San Antone,
Where in dreams I live
With a memory,
Beneath the stars all alone.

Well, it was there I found
Beside the Alamo
Enchantment strange as the
Blue up above,
For that moonlit pass
That only he would know
Still hears my broken song of love.

Moon in all your splendor,
Known only to my heart,
Call back my rose,
Rose of San Antone!
Lips so sweet and tender,
Like petals fallin apart,
Speak once again of my love, my own
Broken song,
Empty words I know
Still live in my heart all alone,
For that moonlit pass by the Alamo,

  And rose my rose of San Antone!





So, the hubs and I spent Monday through Thursday in San Antonio.  He had to go for a work conference and I went because I could!!  We stayed in the Menger Hotel which is believed to have some ghost living there (and yes, I did kind of spook myself out at night!!).  It was built in the late 1800's and is a beautiful place.



The Menger Hotel



Doors going into the lobby.
 

The glass on either side of the doors going into the hotel.















Beautiful stained glass window in ceiling.

Seth Thomas standing clock with both time and date.
The courtyard area at the hotel is beautiful.  One area is a garden and the other area is the swimming pool.  I didn't take any pictures of the pool area because there were people swimming.  I love to swim and we have had warmer temps but I am afraid that the water would have been too cold for me!!

Our  (2nd) room was above this area.
  
Cyclomen looking beautiful in the courtyard.
 

Fountain in the center of the courtyard.
Looking from the pool to the courtyard and lobby area.
 
 
I forgot to mention that due to some unforeseen circumstances with our first room, we were quickly moved to a suite.  The suite was wonderful and we enjoyed having more space and a bathroom that wasn't smaller than the one we have at home!!  Here are a few pictures of the William Menger Suite.




We had a great trip which included eating at Rio Rio Cantina, Chili's and the Lonestar Cafe (and yes, I had chicken at every single place!!)

 
I have more pictures from the trip but I think I will save them for another post.  I hope you enjoyed.

Oh. . . .I forgot that I wanted to put one more picture in this post.

I loved his pink hat!




No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.