Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Do You Ever??

Do you ever have those days when just about everything that is said or done just annoys the snot out of you?  I think that today is going to be one of those days.  I guess what has annoyed me most today is that my nephew and niece are busy until August so we won't get to spend any extra time with them this summer.  I miss getting to see them and spending time with them.

I have just been weepy today. . . .not sure why.  Guess I am just missing my Mom so much.  Somedays the fact that she is gone is just so overwhelming.  I still catch myself thinking that I need to call her about this or that or just because I hadn't talked to her that day.  We would have been working on things for my classroom but now it is just me thinking about things and I am just not interested.

Today I had a meeting with a potential student's parents.  Hoping it went ok.  Hope they choose our school.  I found out that I will have about 11 students.  Several of them I subbed for last year so they know me and I am familiar with them.  I picked up all my teacher edition books so I can get started on lesson plans and figuring out what in the world I will be doing.  I am scared of the unknown and this year is definately an unknown.

Well, I had better go.  I have to get ready for church.  It has gotten really windy and it would be super nice if we could get some rain. . . . .but I am not holding my breath.  Our part of Texas seems to have a big rain shield over it.  The weather just came on and it is showing rain but I am not seeing it yet.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  Before I posted, I heart thunder. . . .come on rain!!!

Hope you had a great day.

2 comments:

Merrill said...

Good luck with your new class! I teach 2nd grade and my daughter just finished 2nd grade, so it was all 2nd grade, all the time at our house this past year. I've taught everything from K-4th grade over the past 17 years and have to say that 2nd is by far my favorite!

Jenna said...

I'm sorry you were having a weepy day - praying today is better for you!

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.