Monday, September 7, 2009

Children's Literature

I have intended to write about 10 timeless books from a generation after reading an article in American Profile last week about the 10 timeless books and even though I didn't grow up in that generation, I have enjoyed (and still do) most of the books. These books were published between 1946 and 1964.

THE LITTLEST ANGEL by Charles Tazewell: I had this book and loved it so much. Once my Mom starts feeling better, I am going to see if she can help me find my copy of this book.

GOODNIGHT MOON by Margaret Wise Brown: while finishing my degree, I worked with a group of 2nd graders doing guided reading and this was one of the books we used. I don't really care for the book but the kids loved it.

MISTY OF CHINCOTEAGUE by Marguerite Henry: I loved this book growing up. I was (and still am) very much a horse lover. I read so many books on horses. I miss owning horses.

WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE by Maurice Sendak: I like this book but I don't think I ever really read it until I was an adult.

THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE by C.S. Lewis: I read this book but I honestly don't remember much about it.

ELOISE by Kay Thompson: I fell in love with Eloise as an adult. I so wanted to get my niece to get hooked on these books but I didn't find until Mad Cow was really too old.

CHARLOTTE'S WEB by EB White: I really liked this book and have read it several times.

THE CAT IN THE HAT by Dr. Suess: I really enjoy Dr. Suess books. When I find them, I buy them!

ARE YOU MY MOTHER? by PD Eastman: I haven't read this book but I will get it the next time I go to the library.

THE GIVING TREE by Shel Silverstein: I love this book! I love Shel Silverstein! Hope to eventually add his books to my collection.

I love books and love to read. Mr. Giggles calls me a bookworm but I don't mind. I just wish I had my own library. I got a very special gift a couple of weeks ago that I will always treasure. My Aunt K was a teacher for many years so she had many, many books. My Uncle brought me some of her books to use when I get my own classroom. I am thankful to have something that meant a lot to my aunt; she was very passionate about her students and I hope that once I begin to teach, I will have that same passion for teaching and for my students.

That is all for now. I hope you all had a great Labor Day. I had to labor (subbed for my dad) but I guess it wasn't too bad!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love your falling leaves - my mind is so ready for autumn!! Such a nice new look :)

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.