Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Drought of 2009

I just wanted to share with you how dry it is around here. I can not remember when the last time any "significant" amount of rain fell on our place. It has been a long time.

The first two pictures are of one of our tanks. It is very low. It has an island and soon you
will be able to walk across dry land to get to it.





The last three are of one of the pastures. As you can see, there is no grass. We are very dry here. We have already started feeding and haying which we never start this early. Last weekend the hay my grandmother had to buy was delivered. Thank goodness for good rains in the northern part of the state.
I have a few more pictures that I will try to post later. Some of them are of the cute babies we have in the pasture!

Hope everyone is having a good week.
Hi Mrs. H's mom!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow - it does look hot..and dry - no, parched!! Thank the Lord you have the hay - when we were visiting, we met several who were having to sell horses simply because they couldn't feed them. Praying for rain:)

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.