Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Spring and Other Stuff

Happy Spring friends.  We are having unusually warm and dry weather already.  To say that I am not looking forward to summer is a big understatement.  BUT I will not start complaining just yet.  Well, not much anyway!  I hope to get a few things done around the yard this week.  Keeping my fingers crossed!  I have  a couple of things that need planted and need to do some pruning (yes, I know I am behind but whats new!).

I have decided that I don't really have spring fever this year but I have found myself with baby fever.  I showed Mr. Giggles a picture of a cute little blue eyed boy from a blog I read and told him I wanted one.  His response was "I will run to Walmart and get you one".  Isn't it nice to have a comedian for a husband?  Anyway, I really want a baby (really two but not at the same time!). . . . . .

Tonight for dinner I tried a new recipe from the Pioneer Woman.  Mr. Giggles gave it 2 thumbs up (well, almost 2, he said it needed mushrooms).  I will try to post the recipe tomorrow.  It was easy and yummy.  No menu for this week.  It will pretty much be a fend for your self and leftovers week.  No reason. . .that is just how it worked out!

This season really makes me miss my Mom.  She loved working outside and always had the most beautiful looking flowerbeds and yard.  I miss asking her the names of flowers and trees.  I miss going to Walmart to get plants and the rock place to get mulch.  I just really miss my Mom.  Today I as I was driving home for the third time, I found myself thinking how hard it is to believe that she is really gone.  Yes, even after a year I have a hard time believing it.  Does that feeling ever go away?  It doesn't seem the same as when we lost Baby Giggles.  Maybe because I spent 39 years with my Mom and only got to carry Baby G for 5.5 months and hold him for a couple of hours.  I just don't know.  It's not fair.  I think about them both everyday and miss them both.  I cried myself to sleep last night.  I haven't done that in a few months. 

Well, I appear to be rambling and it is late and I am tired and I am sure that if you are still reading you are bored to death.  So, goodnight friends.

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.