Sunday, March 27, 2011

Where Did it Go?

I can not believe that the weekend is already over.  It was busy but I really think we must have skipped a day or something.  Yesterday I got up and got finished making a baby shower gift, made three flower arrangments to take to the cemetery, went to a baby shower, went to a surpise 50th birthday party, met my honey and my Daddy at DQ, went to the grocery store, came home and made broccoli salad & macaroni salad for gospel meeting, washed dishes, finished up church work, and finally went to bed at 1:00 am.  Today we got up, I finished the broccoli salad, went to bible class, church, luncheon and then came home and took a nap.  A much needed nap!  Went back to church for a third wonderful lesson by our guest preacher and now back home getting ready for the work week to start.

The baby shower was for my sweet friend Shell and Dave's little boy.  He got a lot of good stuff.  It was great to see old work buddies and to catch up with them (most of them are retired so I got to hear about the fun stuff they have been doing).  Baby showers are so bittersweet, I so hope that we get to have a shower one of these days.  And while I hope to have one it breaks my heart when I think about who will be missing.  My Mom won't get to be there, I won't get to see the cute things she would have gotten for her grandbaby or see what cute thing she would make to put on the door at the hospital or just having her to be around when I need her.  Still missing her so very much.

Today kicked off a gospel meeting at our church.  The visiting preacher has had three wonderful lessons so far.  I wish you all could be here to hear what he has to say.  I am really looking forward to tomorrow through Wednesday.

Hoping to work some more this week.  I don't know what it is like in other states but the chance of me getting a teaching job any time soon is looking very grim.  Many school districts are even non renewing teachers and teachers aides.  I really hope that they figure out how to take care of education.

Well, I had better close and get some sleep.  I really hope you all had a great weekend and are looking forward to the week.

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.