Wednesday, October 17, 2012

More Birthday Celebrations

Yesterday was my other Grandmother's 89th birthday.  We went to dinner with Gmom, her brother and his wife, my Aunt D, my Uncle David and his wife T, my mom's cousin D and his wife M, and her cousins J & J,  my cousin and her son, my sister RAW, my Dad and my hubs.  We went to Cotton Patch (or the old lady restaurant as we fondly call it!) and then went to Gmom's house for cake and a little bit of visit time before some headed back home today.  My mom's cousin D is a hoot and I love being around him.  It was a nice get together but I didn't get home until after 10 and I had left at 6:55 am.  Needless to say, I was pooped.  It was also my brother-in-law's birthday and I called him on my way to work and sang him a happy birthday message on his phone.

I am working at my husband's school this week as the elementary pe teacher.  I had forgotten how hard it is to get young kids to understand rules of games.  It has been crazy and it is so loud in the gym because apprently when you run in the gym you must scream at the top of your lungs no matter what.  Right now (it is 4:25 pm) I am waiting for my husbnd to get his work wrapped for the day.  I am about to fall asleep in my chair!


If you remember, I posted about my other grandmothers birthday but I couldn't find a picture. . . .well here is one of both of them.  It isn't very good but it is all I can find.  This picture was taken in December 2007 at my graduation ceremony.  They were getting a ride back to their cars!  Gmom P (yesterday's birthday girl is in the dress) and Gmom W is in the red coat.

Gotta go

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.