Friday, October 5, 2012

SUYL: Tailgate Food

This week over at Kelly's Korner she is having Show Us Your Life" Tailgate Food.  We aren't tailgaters but I love me some tailgating food!!  I am excited to see what everyone else will be sharing!!!

Swiss and Bacon Dip From the kitchen of Rachael Ray

8 slices center cut bacon, chopped
8 ounces softened cream cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 rounded teaspoons prepared Dijon style mustard
1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, available on dairy aisle
3 scallions, chopped
1/2 cup smoked almonds,

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Brown bacon in nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Drain crisp bacon bits on paper towels.

In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Dijon, Swiss and scallions with cooked bacon. Transfer to a shallow small casserole or baking dish and bake until golden and bubbly at edges, 15 to 18 minutes. Top with chopped smoked almonds. Place dip on a platter and surround warm casserole with breads and carrots for dipping.

Yield: 6 servings

Variation: Swiss and Bacon Dip with Horseradish - Stir in 2 rounded teaspoons prepared horseradish when combining cheese and bacon.  

I had this at a birthday party and I could have eaten the entire bowl BY MYSELF!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   Corn Dip   1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
2 (11 ounce) cans Mexican-style corn (I used shoepeg corn and added diced fire roasted tomatoes because I couldn't find mexi-corn and I run the tomatoes through the food processor)
4 green onions, chopped
3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
1 (7 ounce) can diced green chiles (I don't like green chiles so I upped the jalapenos)
1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (I used Kroger brand nacho and taco shredded cheese)

Directions

In a medium bowl, mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, corn, green onions, jalapeno chile peppers, green chile peppers and cheese.

Ready to serve!

Very tasty with fritos  

My husband has ask me to make this for us this weekend.  No particular reason. . .just because he likes it so much!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rae's Yum Yums   1 cup peanuts (or whatever nut you like)
1 cup chex cereal (I used the corn one)
1 cup pretzels broken up
Approximately 6 squares of almond bark
1 cup plain m&m's (optional) they are delicious with or without

Mix first three ingredients (and m&m's if you choose to add them). Melt your chocolate in the microwave stirring occasionally so it doesn't scorch. I melt mine in the microwave. Pour chocolate over the mixture and stir until completely covered. Lay out wax paper and spoon mixture into "blobs" on the wax paper and allow to cool. Once cooled and hardened. . . .eat. I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!

These take very little time to make and are so good.  Now I am craving some!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tortilla Roll Ups
1 package cream cheese - softened (I just leave mine sitting on the cabinet overnight)

1 can Hunts diced fire roasted tomatoes with garlic (I put in the food processor so the tomatoes aren't so big) or you can use any salsa of your choice
1 package flour tortillas

Mix cream cheese and tomatoes
Spoon onto tortillas
Roll tortillas
Cut tortilla into fourths

These are just yummy!!

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.