Monday, March 4, 2013

A Day in the Life

If you are looking for an exciting day you have come to the wrong place!!!  I wasn't sure what day to talk about but since yesterday is the freshest thing on my mind i will go with Friday.  Hold on to your socks cause you are in for a wild (not) ride!!!
6:15 am:  wake up and stumble to the shower (that is if the hubs is out of the bathroom)
6:45 am:  stumble back out of the bathroom and hurry to grab the orange ribbon and a straight pin to attach it to the hubby's shirt.  Then take a picture before he hurrys out the door.  The reason for the orange ribbon is to remember my Mom who passed away 3 years ago from leukemia (orange is the color for leukemia).
6:50 am:  begin getting ready to leave the house. . . . .teeth brushed, makeup done, hair dried, clothes on, lunch packed, medicine taken
7:35 am:  out the door and headed to McDonald's for a coke and a quick visit with my Dad before school.
8:01am:  walk in the door, pick up my subfolder, sub tag and keys to the room and head to my room.
8:10 am:  log into fb to see what pictures my friends have posted of themselves wearing orange.
8:20 am:  make a bathroom stop before beginning three hours of continues classes who will be taking benchmark tests (7th graders).
8:30 am - 9:20am:  first class - done
9:25 am - 10:20 am:  second class - done
10:25 am - 11:25 am:  third class - done but they gave me a headache!
11:25 - 11:55 am:  lunch - and visit with my Dad who came by to visit me and some of the teachers he used to teach with.
12:00pm - fourth class - who did nothing to help with my headache
12:55 pm - nice quiet 5th class - done
1:50 pm - huge 6th class - done
2:45 pm - conference period - put the classroom back together, organize all testing materials, take a breath!
3:40 pm -head home
4:00 pm - get home and wait for the hubs to get home
4:45 pm - head to new church building to take pictures of the construction progress
5:45 pm - attend viewing for Dr. B
6:30 pm - head to dinner @ Casa Ole with Dad, Rae, LEH, JD and the hubs
7:45 pm - head home
8:05 pm - fall into recliner and don't move until 10.
10:00 pm - get ready for bed, crawl into bed and read
11:00 pm - lights out!!

And that my friends is an exciting day in the life of a substitute teacher!!!

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.