Thursday, March 14, 2013

Happy Birthday to You and You!!

Yesterday we celebrated the births of my nephew and my niece.  It is so hard to believe that they are 15 and 12.  Here is how we celebrate like the wild party people we are!!  We ate Mexican food and it was yummy.  Then we headed across the parking lot to a place called Painting with a Twist.  Oh, when I say we I mean my dad Gran, my sister Rae, my sister Becca, her hubby SRJ, his mom Granny, his dad Pa, the 15 year old birthday boy, the 12 year old birthday girl, my hubs and myself.  My hubs did not follow us across the parking lot.  We put on our painting smocks, found our spots and the table and began painting.  I love doing crafts, even those that include painting but this was stressful for this girl.  We painted using acrylics and I guess what stressed me out was that I am a perfectionist when I do something like that and I had a hard time being a perfectionist with the paintbrushes!  It was fun and if I ever have an extra $35 sitting around I would do it again.  After the two hour session we (minus Granny & Pa and add my hubs)headed over to our new church building so we could show my sister’s family the progress and then headed over to my Dad’s house to celebrate some more by opening presents, having a tiara wearing contest and eating cupcakes.  I love spending time with my family and we never get to spend enough time together.  And I wish I Mom was around to spend time with us.  She would be so proud of her grandbabies and I know she would love to love on them.

Happy birthday Moonpie and Buttercup!  I love you both more than you will ever know!!
My Mom took this picture several years ago and I love the expressions of pure joy on their faces.  They loved spending time with their Memom!
 
 

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.