Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Random Ramblings

Well, so far, nothing really exciting has happened this week. Yesterday my mom brought the rest of my stuff home that I had stored at her house during Hurricane Ike. I have gotten the pictures back on the wall but I haven't gotten all of them back in their spots around the house. I finally finished decorating for Halloween! I am excited about that. Oh, and today I subbed in Art. It was so much fun. The kids were great, the teachers around me talked to me and they want me to be their sub when they are out. It was a much better experience than all of the others!! I had K-4th and I think I have decided that I do not want to teach Kindergarten. They are tooooo needy!

My honey and I are watching the show Dirty Jobs and we were discussing how cranberries grow. Since neither one of us know a thing about cranberries, I used the world wide web to find out. The OceanSpray website popped up with the information we needed. It is interesting that they grow in a bog and it is really interesting to see them harvested. Something new to stick in the somewhat useless information file! Dirty Jobs is such an interesting show (well the ones that aren't truely revolting are interesting!) and Mike Rowe does such a good job and he is so funny. I would not watch it if he weren't on it. Here is something to ponder about the food we eat. . . . . .do you know where pineapples grow? In a tree? In the ground? On a vine? Stay tuned to find out.

Last night my honey wanted taco salad so that is what I made and he had some red jalapeno peppers and he ask me to cut them up and roast them in the oven. I did and I found that it takes several and I do mean several hand washings to get all of the hot juice off of your hands. I burned my lip and I got it in my eye. Just remember to wash, wash, wash or let your husband roast his own own jalapenos!.

Well, it has been a long day and I am ready to sleep. Thanks for stopping by and taking a peak. I had hoped to get a chance to visit some other blogs tonight but it is too late so I will do that tomorrow. Good night John Boy. . . . .oh, wait, he doesn't live here!

Happy Fall to you all!


I almost forgot to tell you about pineapples. . . .they grow in the ground! I thought they grew on trees!



4 comments:

Mrs. H. said...

I knew the pineapple question! :-) We went to the Dole Pineapple Plantation when we were in Hawaii! I watched that Dirty Jobs show once - it was about alpacas and now I want Bryan to quit his job and raise alpacas with me. He said no. :-( I am so glad you had a good subbing experience! And, way to go on the walking, girl! Maybe during the 21 days we could walk together one day - a Heritage Schoolhouse/Life in My Line Sunshine Walk! ;-)

Mrs. H. said...

Life in My LANE, sorry - I have never once, in my whole life, typed something right the first time... ;-)

Jennifer said...

I totally did NOT know about pineapples....its true - you learn something new every day!! Thanks (I think I'll test the family at dinner tonight)!

Renee said...

Isn't the internet great! I'm so glad it's available when I get those questions that pop into my mind.

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.