Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thoughtful Thursday


I heard this in a devotional at church a couple of weeks ago and then I got it in an e-mail today so I decided to share it.


Cell phone vs. Bible
Ever wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phone?
What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
What if we flipped through it several time a day?
What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
What if we gave it to Kids as gifts?
What if we used it when we traveled?
What if we used it in case of emergency?
This is something to make you go....hmm...where is my Bible?
Oh, and one more thing. Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill.
Makes you stop and think 'where are my priorities? And no dropped calls!

It really makes you think doesn't it?

Well, this afternoon I went to the funeral of an old family friend. Well, he really wasn't that old, he was only 61. As I sat and listened to the service (and to my dad who lead singing; he did an awesome job!) I remember things about growing up with his family that I hadn't thought about in years. I remembered the very first cokefloat we ever had. He picked us all up from swimming lessons and took us to Dairy Queen for the yummy treat. I remember going to dinners at their house and playing for hours, borrowing movies from them because they had cable and we didn't, visiting his feed store. It had been so long since I thought of his family in that way. It is terrible how as we grow up we so often grow apart from the people who meant so much in our young lives.

Well, on to something more upbeat! I want to say "Thank you" to Jennifer at Trading Ashes for Beauty who honored my blog with the Smile Award. I was so shocked to get the award. I promise to share the award as soon as I get it all figured out! Thank you again Jennifer! I really needed it because this has been one of the most difficult years I have ever had. Here is something for you to think about. . . . Always remember to be happy because you never know who's falling in love with your smile. ~Author Unknown

Well, I am going to go for now. My honey has come home so we can go celebrate my birthday!

Interesting fact: Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones and strengthens the immune system. Six-year-olds laugh an average of 300 times a day. Adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day. I think that we adults need to stop taking ourselves so seriously and spend more time laughing!!


Happy fall ya'll!! :)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You are so welcome.....I so enjoy your posts. The comparison between our cell phones and our Bibles was a real thought provoker! I had not heard that before.

Happy Birthday!! Celebrate BIG...

Jennifer

Mrs. H. said...

Giggles that femin susan comment is the exact same one that was on my blog - word for word! yikes

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.