Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tuesday Thoughts or Something Like That

Today I wondered all day what I was going to make with the hamburger I was thawing out. My honey was being picky about what he wanted to eat so I was wracking my poor, tired brain for something spectacular. Well, the brain wasn't working so I went to the Internet (oh, it is important that you know that I need to go grocery shopping so there isn't much in the house!) and did a search. I found something that looked interesting. Let me tell you, it turned out wonderful so I decided to share the recipe with my blog friends!

Macaroni and Beef Casserole
1/2 # ground beef,brown off in pan,drain (I season my meat with garlic, black/red pepper mix & garlic powder)
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (low-sodium is fine, but for best results don't use low-fat)
1/2 can milk (measure using empty soup can after you've added soup)
1 (8-oz) box elbow macaroni ( I used farfalli)
1 cup grated extra sharp Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup diced green peppers (optional) I omitted
1/4 cup mayonnaise (for best results don't use Miracle Whip or fat-free mayonnaise)
1 (4-oz can) sliced mushrooms (optional)
black pepper to taste

Cook macaroni in boiling water until slightly underdone and drain. Grate cheese and dice peppers if using.Mix all ingredients in oven-proof mixing bowl until evenly combined or mix in a regular mixing bowl and transfer to a glass Pyrex casserole dish. This will look pale and strange compared to other macaroni and cheese recipes, but it's as it should be.
Bake at 425 degrees for about 25 minutes or until top is lightly browned and bubbly but not scorched.Serves 4 generous portions and can be doubled or tripled easily. Add diced onions and/or leftover ham, turkey, or chicken as a variation if you please. This is a very forgiving recipe my mother found somewhere many years ago; it's also very good eaten cold from the refrigerator for a midnight snack.

This was really good. My honey enjoyed it and it is something he would like again!


I am going to go off on a little rant. . . . . .there is not much on tv so I flipped to Bravo to see what was on (not much as usual) but I am sitting here typing so I didn't ever go somewhere else. As I sit here I started listed to "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" and I began thinking, are these woman for real? They are so ridiculous, they think that the world revolves around them, that no one else measures up to them and do they really think that they are housewives? I am pretty sure that they wouldn't know how to do house or yardwork if it reached up and slapped them in their plastic surgeon created faces!! Anyway, no wonder so many people have problems in this country. Ok, I am done (oh, and I changed channels before I threw something at my tv).

This weekend we celebrated G-mom's 85th birthday. About 35 people came to the party. It was really good to see old friends and family that we had not seen in a while. G-mom enjoyed it also.

I am looking for something and I hope that maybe someone out there in blogger land can give me some recommendations. I am looking for some clips to attach to wood so I can clip paper to wood blocks. If anyone has any idea where to get some, please let me know!! :)

This afternoon I looked out of my living room window and hanging out near our propane tank were out two youngest calves. They looked so cute out there. I was only able to get a picture of one because the other was behind a tree and they were quickly getting away from me. When I learn how to download the pictures off of my camera, I will show you what they look like. They are so pretty and I love having them around the house. That is one thing I will really miss when my honey and I get a home of our own. Hopefully G-mom or mommy will let us buy one or two from them so we can watch them from our new place. I love our little cows. :)

Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to put some pics of my halloween decor on here.

Happy Fall Ya'll

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.