Friday, July 3, 2009

Antiques

I really enjoy antique shopping. Not that I can afford much but I love to look! I have a couple of items that I am looking for specifically. . . . .I want an old cake plate, preferably one that is a stand cake plate and the other is a pretty platter and I always love looking at the glassware. I found a platter yesterday that closely matches a plate I have but I thought that it was a little over priced so I left with out it. I also like to look at the books. I found one that I really wanted but it cost $45.00 and there was no way I could justify getting it. It was written by Laura Ingalls Wilder and was called On The Way Home. I hope to one day collect all of her books (I think I have a few but they are packed away at my mom's house) but not at that price! Another thing I like to look at/for is Pyrex bowls. I have been looking for the bowl set that is primary colors and there are 4 or 5 bowls (depending on the set you find) but they are pretty pricey and right now I don't have room for them. Last year on a trip with my parents, my honey found me a set with a different pattern and I love them. They are the Snowflake Blue pattern and are in really good shape. My dream kitchen would be a vintage 50's kitchen. I love the appliances and colors from that era. When I find some pics of what I want my kitchen to look like, I will post some! Well, I feel like I am rambling (could be because it is really late or early depending on how you look at it!)

Hi Mrs. H's Mom!

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.