Friday, July 17, 2009

53 is the number today

and that means we are now 53 days with no rain. This morning it rained to the north, east and south of us. We are sooo dry. I have already moved one herd of cows to the hay patch below our house and in a few minutes I am going to go open the gate to the other hay patch to let the other herd into it. On a brighter note, it is only 77 degrees right now and it is usually well into the 90's by this time. I will try to get some pics to show you how brown everything is around here. We still have some chances for rain for a couple of days so I will be keeping my fingers crossed, doing some rain dances and maybe getting another vehicle washed! I already washed my car this week so I may do the hubby's truck or our suburban just to see if it will help!

On a more serious note, Mom started chemo at midnight Wednesday night. So far, so good. This morning she had a PICC put in and will be having a spinal tap with chemo done later today. If you want to keep up with her journey, please go to www.ourmomsjourney.blogspot.com. Please keep her in your prayers.

I hope each of you has an awesome day!

1 comment:

jenny said...

I hope it goes well with your Mom. I am puzzled about why they started it at midnight!?! I'm so dry here, too. I will rain dance here, too, because if you get rain where you are, there is NO guarantee it'll rain where I am!

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.