Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Good News/Not Good News

The good news is that mom was released from MD Anderson today after having her 2nd spinal tap with chemo. Mom, my dad and my sister are staying in a hotel close to the hospital because she has appointments on Wednesday, Friday and Monday. The not so good news is that she may not get to come home between treatments this time. I know that they are where they need to be for Mom but I miss them so much. Yes, I am spoiled because I live in the same town and get to see them whenever I want. I am trying not to call a lot during the day so I don't bother them. Today I waited until my Dad called which was hard because I talk to my Mom on the phone at least once sometimes several times a day. So, if this sounds like a feel sorry for Giggles post, it just might be. I have been feeling down more today than I have since this all started. Sunday one of my best friends went to visit my Mom with her niece and I wanted to share with you the conversation they had about their visit. I wanted to tell you both a funny from my niece.I had told her about the hospital before she came with me since i didn't know what we would see when we visited and I wanted to make sure she still wanted to come with me. Anyway,... After we left, Georgia turned to me and said, "you know aunt amy, she looked pretty good!"I thought that said a lot. I told her I agreed, she looked tired, but good! I thought that was a very sweet thing for her to say.
So with that, I am going to close this post because I don't really want to be a whiny britches.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! It's ok to feel the way you do! I am sure it's completely normal! I don't live in the same town as my mom and dad but I do talk to my mom every day and sometimes multiple times a day! SO, in this case I think you are allowed to feel the way you do without have to justify it!!!!! My heart goes out to you and the rest of your family! I sent a message to your mom on the MD Anderson website, not sure if she got it, but I hope she did! Hang in there and keep your head up! We will continue to pray for you all! Lots of Love, Felicia

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.