Monday, July 20, 2009

57 Days and Counting. . . .

and we have beaten the NO RAIN record. We were lucky enough to get a little bit yesterday but it was not enough by any means. On a brighter note, I don't think that we reached 100 today which is a blessing. Well, after I started my post, we were under a tornado warning, severe thunderstorm warning, hail and a flash flood warning so what did we get in our little corner of the world???? Well, the tornado sightings weren't too far from our house but I didn't ever see or hear anything, we have gotten some rain but not as much as those living in town and I just laughed about the flash flood warning because we won't have to worry about that anytime soon! While this was going on, my husband was in town and my sister was heading toward the storm after being with my parents and I was home. . . . . alone. Well, my honey made it home safe (even though he was near one of the tornado sightings), my sister made it home (but she has no electricity) and well, I am fine. I am currently watching the 10:00 news and they are showing damage from around the area. Today's high was only 98 degrees.
My Mom was supposed to be released from the hospital today but due to the fact that the tough chemo has made her very ill, she may be released tomorrow. To keep up with her, please go read her journal (she isn't writing, my sister and I are). For those of you who have been praying for her, thank you so much. Last week she had a spinal tap chemo treatment and they tested some of the spinal fluid and it had no cancer cells in it. For that we are very thankful. She is one round of chemo down. . . .7 more to go. She will have another spinal tap tomorrow and another bone marrow test next week.
This weekend is my 20th high school reunion. I still cannot believe that I have been out of school for that long. I am excited about seeing old friends that I haven't seen in a long time. The hubby isn't as excited but then he really isn't into these kinds of activities but he will go because I want to go.
Well, that is all for tonight. I am tired and I am ready to crawl into bed and read the book I am currently hooked on!!

1 comment:

jenny said...

Well, first, I'm glad you didn't get blown away last night! But a little more rain may come your way today---it's thundering again as I write.

I hope you have fun at your reunion!! In know you were working hard to get stuff done when your Mom's bad news came. Enjoy your night! Mine is August 8th. We'll have to compare notes afterwards.

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.